Friday 25 November 2011

The Mouse Therapist

We were still at an impasse over the "going out" thing. Mornings were ok, even if it was dark; but evenings? Nope! He would cross his legs until about 5 a.m. This is when I trip up over him as I'm stumbling to the bathroom and he's been standing guard outside my bedroom door for the past five hours. Conversation as follows:

Austin: Me-ouch!
Me: Why do you always place yourself where I'm going to tread?
Austin: Thought you would see me!
Me: Well I didn't!
Austin: You should have known I was here.
Me: Why should I?
Austin: I want to go out.
Me: Well you can't.
Austin: Why not?
Me: Because you can't! And anyway you should have gone last night!
Austin: You're going now!
Me: Use your litter tray.
Austin: Prefer outside privvy.
Me
: Well I don't, so budge off!

He looks at me as if I'm Cruella DeVil but without the compassion! We need a plan B. So ……


…..later on that day when it gets dark, enter…...
…..Martin the Mouse Therapist
It was love at first sight….
"I love you sooooo much"

"Let's play death-watch-mousie"

"I watch you with my evil eye and you die, kay?"

But Martin had a little secret that Austin didn't know. His nose had strange powers. It lit up powerful red and beamed and darted all across the floor.




This drove Austin crazynuts so he chased it all around and up and down. 
All over the living room, up and down, up and down. 
He chased down the stairs, down and down. 
Along the hall, up and down, up and down.
He raced from the bedroom all the way along to the front door, up and down, up and down, up and down ….. and …….. open the door and …… outside!!!  
Close the door. 
"See you later Austin"!
"Hey?" 
Result!
Game set and match to Martin I think …. except Martin has now stopped beaming and darting!  But Austin is back to his old self and can't see what all the fuss was about!!

27 comments:

  1. heh. There's more than one way to widdle a cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look like a fun mouse. So Austin, you did make it outside at least. Your house sounds as wild as ours. Take care. Have a fun week end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got one clever mom Austin !!
    Not very nice to fool you like that though !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought all of that running around would make him have to PEE!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Austin, you are simple adorable period

    ReplyDelete
  6. MOL! So ya fell for the ol' mousie wif a red light trick, eh? MOL!!! I hates it when da hoomans figure us out so well....*sigh* Glad you're no longer moping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pure genius methinks!
    AND not to mention ten times better than chasing a real unsuspecting mousey...
    So, good result all round!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool mousie! Game set and match to you, mom! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sneaky! I LIKE it! tell Austin that if he'd like to write a letter to Santa I'd love to publish it as a part of my regular feature. Just send it to rumpysanta at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mom 1 Austin 0
    How long will that last? purrr....meow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mom 1 Austin 0
    How long will that last? purrr....meow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Austin, plot for continued human manipulation and control following plan. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am loving the comments :D

    Just to say that no mousie or cat was harmed during the writing of this blog post and I do believe that Austin is plotting his revenge big time. His eyes follow me everywhere like the Mona Lisa. It's really scary ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh boy!! I think you actually found a toy that my cats DON'T have! I love Martin and need to find one for my gang!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Watch this space; it's possible Martin could be getting his own blog! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well played! And I love the photo of the evil eyes, hilarious.

    http://canidaepetfood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, that looks like such a fun mousie! We have a windup clockwork mousie but it doesn't move very fast and poses no challenge for Olympic sprinter kitties such as we.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. MY mousies, except the once a year live one perhaps that comes in out of the frost, are all lay-abouts, Austin!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahaha!! Great, funny post. I like the way you think!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Martin looks fabulous!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, we didn't realize that Mouse Therapy was so effective! Good job to all involved!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, That's so adorable. Hahaha. Is the mouse really named Martin the Mouse Therapist? That's funny!

    Haopee from MyDogsLove.Me

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh this is so cute! I'm glad Austin is cured. Absolutely love the photos, especially the death eyes LOL. Also cracked me up that Austin didn't want to use his litter tray and prefers outside LOL LOL. Of course any discriminating cat would agree. :D

    Thanks for the smiles, I always get a chuckle when I come here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Kisses to Austin..that is THE singlemost important thing to do. Those are on behalf of the Admiral and of me, her mommy.

    Thank you so much for coming to see me at my human blog today. I saw the Isaiah scroll too! Fancy we saw the same thing. Love that coincidence.

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  25. Austin, blonde kitty curls on the way...attached to me.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear from you! :)